Latest versions of cdrecord, xcdroast, k3b can't burn my CDs

Fulko.Hew at sita.aero Fulko.Hew at sita.aero
Thu Sep 30 16:27:13 UTC 2004

I updated my FC2 system last night with the new versions of CD burner
software that was release yesterday... and this morning...

I can't burn CDs any more.  I'm not sure I can blank CDs either.

I noticed that I had to go through the xcdroast setup procedure again.

Its progress bars don't work for me anymore, and the result
of a burn, is not mountable.

When I try k3b, it causes my CD burner to drive the head into
the end stops (not a nice sound), and I get the same bad
result.  The first time, it couldn't even complete the burn,
and the second time, it completed, but again it was un-mountable.

I know one other person, who can't burn CDs anymore too,
so its not just me.

Comments??