does FC2 support NTFS ?

Kali kalike at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 21:00:05 UTC 2004

> I know RHEL3 does, and believe FC as well supports NTFS partitions as
> read-only.   So the support is pretty limited.  What errors are you
> getting when you try to do the mount?
> Is the box detecting both drives?  It is possible that the drive is
> not being detected well in that configuration because of the jumpers
> and the master/slave configuration on the drives.  One option might be

Yes , maybe it is not detecting the drive. If its any help here is
some more info....
I use a SATA Intel Motherboard and have 2 HDD. The first with
MSWindows has 2 partitions, one is the C-drive and second partition
D-drive for backup. The latter using NTFS as i thought it is more
secure.
FC2-Linux is currently on the old second Hard disk. Since windows-XP
has crashed i tried to retrieve the data from the backup through Linux
so that i can format Windows and reload it again.
Any ideas/help/pointers are welcome ..
--
Kali