Installation Problems-Fedora Core Distribution 3

Chris Savoury chris.savoury at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 03:29:17 UTC 2005

Hi everyone
I am new to Linux but am trying to install Fedora Core Dist 3.
I want to set up a dual boot machine on my existing Win XP computer. I
intend to install Fedora to my D: drive.

Going through the installation I get to the point of selecting English
as my language and then English for the keyboard. Then I get 2 errors

Assertion (heads >0) at disk_dos.c:485 in function
probe_partition_for_geom ( ) failed.
96
Assertion (sectors <=63) at disk_dos.c:490 in function
probe_partition_for_geom () failed.
96

The installation then stops and unmounts everything and gives me a
message the install ended abnormally and it is now safe to reboot.

I would appreciate any information anyone could provide or some
direction on where I could look up some help. Again keeping in mind
that I am very new to this.

Thanks again
Chris