Up2date problem

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 04:03:31 UTC 2005

On Mar 31, 2005 7:00 PM, Scott Carper <scarper68 at comcast.net> wrote:
> After I successfully run up2date, the next time I check for updates, it says
> there are  updates available (and these are not the same as the previous
> update); but when I launch up2date, it says "Your system is fully updated.
> No new packages are needed."  I have to reboot the system before the
> available updates will be downloaded and installed by up2date.
>
> Any ideas?  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
> Scott

You encountered what I consider one of the biggest annoyances with
up2date.  You get notification about available updates, run up2date,
and the repository and/or mirror from mirrorlist has not gotten
resynced..

So here are some possible actions that you can take:

1. Do not react immediately upon receiving an update notification.
Wait several hours before trying so that the mirrors can sync up.
2. Disable the update agent.  Perform updates manually or update via a cron job.
3. File either an RFE or a bug report in Bugzzilla,
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/ .