problem accessing ftp from the browser

Olga Urban olga at urbantimes.net
Fri Apr 1 04:06:22 UTC 2005

I have vsftpd running on Fedora 2. I tried to access my account by
typing ftp://mywebsite.com <ftp://mywebsite.com/>  in the browser at
work. And it worked fine (prompted me for username and password and when
I logged in, displayed a list of folders). I can't seem to do it from
home though. I can do it by using ftp client, but not from the browser.
I get the following error:

"An error occurred opening that folder on the FTP Server. Make sure you
have permission to access that folder.
Details:
200 Switching to ASCII mode.
550 Permission denied."

Can someone tell me please why this is happening? Thanks a lot.

Olga