Top Posting....

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Apr 1 05:05:08 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 23:48 -0500, David Curry wrote:

> The "email to Frank" that you refer to must be the message I sent to
> Frank Stratton privately, off list and was not -- repeat -- not directed
> to fedora-list.  Mr. Stratton directed a message to fedora-list that
> quoted my message (or parts of it) proclaiming name-calling.   The
> operable phrase that he reacted to claiming name-calling was, "... act
> tells me that you are either incredibly inept socially or a world class
> TURD."   I presented two alternatives to Mr. Stratton and he self
> selected the alternative most appropriate to himself.
----
personally, I think the private email approach is really bad form and I
definitely resent it when someone does top me as you did to Frank (send
a private email). This is after all a public forum and the private email
is an intrusion into private space.

In my mind, there is no substantive difference between outright calling
them a name or giving them a Hobson choice and suggesting that they
picked the reference. This is just plain ignorant and arrogant. I surely
don't see any sensitivity coming from your keyboard.

Not that I expect that my view of your behavior is going to change it,
but I could only hope that you might eventually see that you are over
reaching and over reacting.

Craig