symbol lookup errors when yummed from kde-redhat repos

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Fri Apr 1 07:24:35 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 19:24 -0400, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> I always seem to get sysmbol lookup errors with programs I yum from the
> kde-redhat repos. The error looks like the one bellow. I got somethign
> similiar when i yumed amarok.
>
> digikam: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libdigikam.so.0: undefined
> symbol: _ZN11KMainWindow7setIconERK7QPixmap
>
> What can i do to fix this?

Problems like these are usually (I think) caused by incompatibilities
between the C++ compilers used to build the programs and the libraries
that they use. Are you absolutely sure that you've got the right version
of the kde-redhat repos for the version of Fedora you're running?

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>