Up2date problem

jim lawrence fedorajim at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 16:22:04 UTC 2005

On Apr 1, 2005 10:20 AM, William Hooper <whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Kam Leo said:
>
> > You encountered what I consider one of the biggest annoyances with
> > up2date.  You get notification about available updates, run up2date, and
> > the repository and/or mirror from mirrorlist has not gotten resynced..
> >
> > So here are some possible actions that you can take:
> >

> > 1. Do not react immediately upon receiving an update notification.
> > Wait several hours before trying so that the mirrors can sync up.
> > 2. Disable the update agent.  Perform updates manually or update via a
> > cron job.
> > 3. File either an RFE or a bug report in Bugzzilla,
> > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/ .
>
> 4. Configure up2date to use a fast mirror for you rather than relying on
> the default mirror list.  If up2date and rhn-applet are looking at the
> same mirror you won't have any problem.
>
> --
> William Hooper
>
> --

Or change the RHn up2daet applet to reflect yum
First grab gyum
http://fedoranews.org/tchung/gyum/2.0/fc3/2.0-5/
then grab the applet
http://fedoranews.org/tchung/gyum/2.0/gyum-applet/
right click the RHN applet and exit it
then go to system tools and choose gyum-update alert icon

--

Jim Lawrence
Registered Linux User: #376813