Grub sucks with Error 13!!!

Didier Casse elprodigio at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 15:14:30 UTC 2005

On Apr 2, 2005 10:59 PM, Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org> wrote:
> Am Sa, den 02.04.2005 schrieb Didier Casse um 16:53:
>
> > Now grub can't boot my friend's windows xp and complains:
> >
> > Error 13: Invalid or unsupported executable format
> >
> > I roughly know what it is but I want to know how to solve this. Can I
> > have a helping hand? I spent some time dealing with it but it still
> > stays the same. The linux part loads perfectly.
>
> > Didier.
>
> Seems you need to correct the partition type ID:
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-March/msg03315.html

I just found out that my friend's laptop has cylinders set to 7301.
Could that be the problem? Is is possible to set it to 1024 and hope
that the problem is solved?

--
Cheers,
Didier.

Didier F.B Casse | PhD candidate | LiMiNT Beamline
Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS), 5 Research Link, Singapore 117603
Email: elprodigioREMOVE_THIS_ANTISPAM_MOJO at gmail.com|
Web: http://ssls.nus.edu.sg | GPG Key 1024D/B3C57D01 2004-06-23