Fedora-list posting guidelines - update

Gustavo Seabra gustavo.seabra at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 07:04:44 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I just wanted to give veryone an update of the "Fedora-list posting
guidelines" project.

First of all, I wanted to thank everyone who responded my e-mail
abouth the hosting of the guidelines. We had a number of people
offering to host it permanently, and at least one person who already
mirrowed the guidelines (see
http://www.cwelug.org/fedora/FedoraRules.html, thanks to Robert Citek,
from CWELUG).

Also, I want to let you know the latest developments on this idea. We
finally gave in to Rahul suggestions and took the guidelines porposal
to the Fedora-docs project, where it has been received with great
praise. Whoever is interested in following, it's being discussed at
the fedora-docs list now, and it's being agreed to put it either into
Wiki or DocBook format, to be hosted by the Fedora-docs project. So,
it is getting *really* official !!

The latest discussions have been on wether to choose the Wiki or
DocBook format. Since the guidelines have already been discussed
enough here, the most likely decision seem to be to skip the Wiki step
and go directly to DocBook.

Meanwhile, we can use the material currently available at:
http://www-personal.ksu.edu/~seabra/linux/FedoraRules.html
http://www.cwelug.org/fedora/FedoraRules.html

Thanks to everyone who participated in this development, in one way or another.

Gustavo Seabra                 Graduate Student
Chemistry Dept.         Kansas State University
Registered Linux user number 381680