I cannot boot Linux !!!

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Sun Apr 3 12:50:40 UTC 2005

On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 05:56:38PM -0500, Pierre Pelletier wrote:
> Hello,
> I installed Fedora 4 on my second disk (200GB).  First as a first
> partition, then since I was not able to choose this OS, I took all the
> disk for Linux Fedora. Still no luck !!!  I can only boot XP. I
> installed GRUB on /dev/hdb... what should I do now ?  BootMagic from
> PowerQuest needs a primary FAT to work...
You should install grub boot loader on the MBR with associated changes
in grub.conf if necessary..

X windows:
	You'd better sit down.
	Don't laugh.  It could be YOUR thesis project.
	Why do it right when you can do it wrong?
	Live the nightmare.
	Our bugs run faster.
	When it absolutely, positively HAS to crash overnight.
	There ARE no rules.
	You'll wish we were kidding.
	Everything you never wanted in a window system.  And more.
	Dissatisfaction guaranteed.
	There's got to be a better way.
	The next best thing to keypunching.
	Leave the thrashing to us.
	We wrote the book on core dumps.
	Even your dog won't like it.
	More than enough rope.
	Garbage at your fingertips.

Incompatibility.  Shoddiness.  Uselessness.
	X windows.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University