a problem with the latest mozilla update

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Apr 3 17:59:30 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-03 at 10:26 -0700, BB Cao wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I updated mozilla by using "up2date". Everything seems
> working except trying to open a link which there is a
> blank space in the file name. In the local html files,
> there are number of blank spaces in all the links'
> names,   in that, once I open the local file and then
> tried to open those links, I always got "//**/** file
> can't be found. check the location and try again." But
> I used to be able to open them. What is wrong with my
> updating? Anything I need setup after update? Thanks.
----
sounds to me like it is behaving as it should. It sounds as if you want
it to revert to some previously broken behavior

blank spaces have to be escaped or replaced with %20

ls -l /var/www/html/my file.html

http://localhost/my\ file.html

note that the link isn't clickable

http://localhost/my%20file.html