spamassassin / procmail question

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sun Apr 3 19:02:14 UTC 2005

I set up a new box to be a "utility" server to do stuff like caching
dns, yum mirror, slimserver, etc.

One of the things I decided to push onto this box was my mail popping
and spam filtering - since spamassassin does affect performance on my
desktop when there's a lot of mail to process.

What I want to do is run the mail through spamassassin and then send it
to my desktop mail. I thought I had it working, but it looks like it is
skipping spamassassin.

Here's the .procmailrc :

PATH=$HOME/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail
LOGFILE=$HOME/.procmail_log

:0fw: spamassassin.lock
| /usr/bin/spamc

:0
! mpeters at devel.mpeters.local

-=-
spamassassing was working because before I added the forward, I looked
at the mail on the utility box using the mail command and saw the spam
status headers. Then I added the forward to get it to my workstation
where I can read it with balsa - but now when I look at the headers
there, there's no spam headers in there for my balsa to go off of.

Is there something wrong with my procmailrc?

--
Michael A. Peters
http://mpeters.us/