After FC3 installation, WinXP CD Setup hangs at "Setup is inspecting your computer's hardware configuration"

Didier Casse elprodigio at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 07:28:06 UTC 2005

Hi all,
         I install FC3 dual boot with Windows on a laptop. I noticed
that grub can't boot the WinXP partition and the things which sucks
more is that the WinXP CD Setup hangs at "Setup is inspecting your
computer's hardware configuration" and shows a black screen.

It never happened previously. I did that on my friend's laptop and he
can't live w/o windows.
What's wrong and how to solve this problem?

I suspect that I have to "fixboot" with the Windows recovery console.
But no Windows CD wants to boot now. And my friend's laptop has no
floppy drive.

--
Cheers,
Didier.

Didier F.B Casse | PhD candidate | LiMiNT Beamline
Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS), 5 Research Link, Singapore 117603
Email: elprodigioREMOVE_THIS_ANTISPAM_MOJO at gmail.com|
Web: http://ssls.nus.edu.sg | GPG Key 1024D/B3C57D01 2004-06-23