Anoying Peter Whalley Spam messages.

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Apr 4 17:06:44 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 12:41, Gustavo Seabra wrote:
> On Apr 4, 2005 10:43 AM, David Liguori <liguorid at albany.edu> wrote:
> > Or maybe you could all get disposable email accounts, "validate" them and pummel him with spam.
>
> C'mon! It's anoying, but it isn't the guy's fault! It's a system that
> he can't go around, and he may even be wondering why he doesn't get
> the help he asked for. If anyone is getting a disposable account to
> contact him, he could just as well use to warn him of what's going on!
>
> BTW, I haven't received any new message like that lately...

Actually it is the users fault.  Such systems should never be used with
mailing lists for the exact reason all this discussion is taking place.

Besides that TMDA systems is not a good solution for fighting spam.
greylisting at the MTA and spamassassin will block 99%+ of the spam out
there and does not require the additional network bandwidth and handling
that TMDA systems do.

And to get around he simply has to get one of the many gmail accounts
available and use that for mailing lists.  Or choose any of the free
email accounts that are available.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Anybody that wants the presidency so much that he'll spend two years
organising and campaigning for it is not to be trusted with the office.
		-- David Broder