Trouble setting up an HP Deskjet 9300 on USB [SOLVED]

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Tue Apr 5 00:55:07 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 12:19 -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> For some reason, I am not having any success at setting up an HP Deskjet
> 9300 on USB for my FC3 notebook.

I had the printer hooked up to a tiny, commodity no-name 4-port USB hub.

Connecting the printer directly to the computer and rebooting had it
immediately picked up by Kudzu and configured properly. When I logged
in, CUPS asked me to pick a specific driver, and everything worked in
true plug-and-play fashion.

The printer is now working flawlessly. Kudos to Fedora.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz at simpaticus.com>