FC3 with a 2.4 kernel

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Tue Apr 5 01:21:15 UTC 2005

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 01:59:42PM -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
 > Has anyone tried running FC3 with a 2.4 kernel?  I'm trying to rebuild
 > the FC3 install cd's to work with a 2.4 kernel.  I know that I'll have
 > to change some things (like insmod for example is different from 2.6 to
 > 2.4).  Anyone have any advice / pitfalls I should be aware of?  Anyone
 > gotten it to work?

Off the top of my head:
- different module tools
- no /dev nodes (you'll need to kill udev and revert to the old way of
  creating a /dev)
- no selinux (various initscripts may need munging)
- no /sys (various initscripts and support utilities may break)
- possibly other bits and pieces

You're probably in for a whole world of pain trying to do this..

		Dave