running php scripts as cgi

Ankush Grover ankush174 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 07:51:32 UTC 2005

On Apr 4, 2005 8:36 PM, Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org> wrote:
> Am Mo, den 04.04.2005 schrieb Ankush Grover um 16:49:
>
> > I want to install a software on FC3 and that software requires to run
> > some scripts.I tried to run those scripts from browser but was not
> > successful.In the documentation of that software it is written I have
> > to  configure PHP scripts to run as CGI in Apache.Please tell me how
> > to configure PHP scripts run as CGI in Apache.
>
> > Ankush
>
> Running PHP embedded into Apache as a module (default Fedora setup with
> correct handler set for .php files), a file with suffix .php and content
>
> <?php .... ?>
>
> is treated to be a PHP file and handled so.
>
> If you want to use PHP as a script language for CGI the file has to have
> a shebang line
>
> #!/usr/bin/php
>
> like with all other script languages. You too need a Apache config line
> like
>
> AddHandler    cgi-script    .php

Hey,

Thanks for the earlier reply.

I did added AddHandler cgi-script .php in httpd.conf

and i also added #!/usr/bin/php in that script.

But whenever i tried to access that script through browser it says i
don't have the access .I have done chmod -R 777 for all files.I am
also attaching that script .

There is a software I want to test it ,the software requires php
scripts to run as cgi -scripts.The script will run from the browser
asking for configuing some parameters for that software.

Please help me in configuring that software.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover