Fedoraforum.org is now official?

Lars E. Pettersson lars at homer.se
Tue Apr 5 08:52:41 UTC 2005

On 04/04/2005 09:51 PM, David Hoffman wrote:
> OK, so I get this note today that says that the new official support
> site for Fedora is going to be the web-based forums at
> fedoraforum.org.

The note said "This decision has been made by comittee because
of the many advantages web forums have over mailing lists in support of
end-users."

This made me believe that it was an April fools message sent a couple of
days too late.

I have (tried to) used the fedoraforum.org but find it unusable due to
the high amount of traffic. I can not see any advantages with a forum,
visa vi a mailing list, especially when dealing with high volume
traffic. Nothing beats a mailinglist (or newsgroup) when the amount of
messages are high.

Lars
--
Lars E. Pettersson <lars at homer.se>