Fedoraforum.org is now official?

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Tue Apr 5 14:04:41 UTC 2005

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 02:51:56PM -0500, David Hoffman wrote:
> OK, so I get this note today that says that the new official support
> site for Fedora is going to be the web-based forums at
> fedoraforum.org.
>
> I guess all the hassle about the mailing list over the past few weeks
> finally got to someone.
>
> However, it also says that the mailing list is not going away, and
> that "users are encouraged to go to the forums first if they have
> support questions.
>
> So now people will be going to two different places to NOT search the
> archives, and ask questions.
>
> Brilliant!

As many others have said this is a rotten idea. Especially if the use
of the forum displaces the use of the list.

Once there was this conductor see, who had a bass problem.  You see, during
a portion of Beethovan's Ninth Symphony in which there are no bass violin
parts, one of the bassists always passed a bottle of scotch around.  So,
to remind himself that the basses usually required an extra cue towards the
end of the symphony, the conductor would fasten a piece of string around the
page of the score before the bass cue.  As the basses grew more and more
inebriated, two of them fell asleep.  The conductor grew quite nervous (he
was very concerned about the pitch) because it was the bottom of the ninth;
the score was tied and the basses were loaded with two out.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
One Trinity Place.