AW: AW: RAID greater than 2TB on Fedora Core 3

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Wed Apr 6 06:24:07 UTC 2005

Masopust Christian wrote:

> all right this seems to be the problem in my case (Adaptec 39160 cannot
> go beyond the 2TB limit!).
>
> Do you know any PCI-SCSI-Controlers (not PCI-X) which will provide the
> 16-Byte SCSI-commands?

Have you tried a software RAID instead? I.e. set up the disks
as 8 normal disks, and build the RAID in Linux instead.

If this gives you >2T you'll know that it's not a kernel
filesystem limitation.

And in some cases software RAID could be much
faster than hardware RAID.

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk