AW: AW: AW: RAID greater than 2TB on Fedora Core 3

Masopust Christian christian.masopust at siemens.com
Wed Apr 6 07:12:22 UTC 2005

> > all right this seems to be the problem in my case (Adaptec 39160 cannot
> > go beyond the 2TB limit!).
> >
> > Do you know any PCI-SCSI-Controlers (not PCI-X) which will provide the
> > 16-Byte SCSI-commands?
>
> Have you tried a software RAID instead? I.e. set up the disks
> as 8 normal disks, and build the RAID in Linux instead.
>
> If this gives you >2T you'll know that it's not a kernel
> filesystem limitation.
>
> And in some cases software RAID could be much
> faster than hardware RAID.

Hello Mogens,

software RAID is not an option for me as i will use the raids as storage
for backups (mainly writes to it).

I'll try to get 2 LSI LSI22320-R as Infortrend (manufactorer of my raids)
allready tested them with my raid ;-)    and btw, with the LSI i'll get
U320 (with adaptec i only would have U160)

thanks,
christian