Unbind a port

David Hoffman dhoffman2004 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 17:13:09 UTC 2005

On Apr 6, 2005 11:44 AM, Richard Crawford <rscrawford at mossroot.com> wrote:
> I did a port forwarding to port 9990 on my Linux computer to mount a remote
> SMB share.  After I unmounted the share, I wanted to use port 9990 for
> another purpose, but was told that it was still busy.  How can I get my
> computer to let go of this port so I can use it again?

What process did you have listening to the port? If you were mounting
an SMB share, were you using SMBClient? Or some other process. I would
think you could run PS to see if that process is still running (and
holding the port) and kill it.

--

David
Registered Linux User 383030 (since everyone else was doing it 8-)