Memory Leak

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Thu Apr 7 01:14:49 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 00:48 +0200, donnie wrote:
> Hey!
>
> I am running Fedora Core 3 and I seem to be having problem with Tomcat. I am using jakarta-tomcat-5.5.7.
>
> When I run top I can see that the java process slowly but steadily increases the memory usage %.
>
> When I check free I can see that -/+ buffers/cache:  also decreases. After some time it takes for ever to log on to the machine since it has so little memory left.
>
> If I shut down the tomcat process all allocated memory is released but the whole chain starts over again when I restart it.
>
> Any ideas??
>
> Thanks a lot!  //Tom

The patient told his doctor "It hurts when I do this."
The Doctor replied, "Then don't do that."

If the java process has a memory leak and is repeatable, file a bug on
bugzilla. Search first to see if it has already been reported.

Then either don't use it, or live with the pain(inconvenience) until it
is fixed.