gnome fonts for emacs?

Pierre Kleiber pkleiber at honlab.nmfs.hawaii.edu
Thu Apr 7 03:42:35 UTC 2005

I'm running Fedora core 2 with whatever version of gnome comes with it and
emacs 21.3.1.  By default emacs comes up with a terrible scratchy minuscule
font.  I used xfontsel to find a more suitable font and put it into my
.Xdefaults file.  However something somewhere in the system keeps changing
things back to the default and I often have to rerun  "xrdb .Xdefaults".
Actually, I would love for emacs to use same font as the gnome-terminal,
but I haven't found a way to accomplish that.

So... I'd like to either have emacs stick to the font I've assigned to it,
or preferably have it adopt the default gnome-terminal font.  I've googled
the lists but haven't found anything apropos to this problem, and I'm not
at all sure this is the right list for this query.  Grateful for any
assistance.

Cheers, Pierre Kleiber