Fedora 3: ISND / capi installed, nothing works

Markus Jais markusjais at yahoo.de
Thu Apr 7 06:26:12 UTC 2005

hello

yesterday I installed Fedora Core 3 and then
I installed capi4linux and the driver for my
AMV PCI ISDN card as described here:

http://www.friendglow.net/en/fedora/fdc_capi4linux_en.shtml

(I used the rpms)

on the computer there is also a working version of
Windows XP. with Windows the AVM PCI Fritz Card.
worked just fine.

and also with Fedora the installation seemed ok

$ rc.capi stop
and
$ rp.capi start
both work. at least they write "OK".
the same during startup. [OK].

but
$capiinfo
capi not installed - No such device or address

and there are no files in
/proc/capi/controllers

the kernel modules seem to be installed:

$ lsmod
capi
capifs
kernelcapi

and I can not remove the driver with
$ rpm -e
error:
%preun(kernel-2.6.9-1.667-avm-fcpci-03.11.02-14.i586)
scriptlet
failed

and the strangest thing:
after my attemd to get it running with Fedora
the stupid card does not even work with Windows XP.
XP says that the device can not be started.

my questions:

1) what did I do wrong with Fedora
2) is it possible that the installation attempt could
affect Windows (maybe changing IO Ports or something
like that)

thanks for any help

best wishes

Markus