bind problem

Aleksandar Milivojevic amilivojevic at pbl.ca
Thu Apr 7 13:51:48 UTC 2005

Paul Howarth wrote:

> Since you say you are "trying to bind it to advanced.anonns.com", it
> seems that you may be aware of this problem and are trying to work
> around it. To do this you would need to remove "brilliance.anonns.com"
> as one of the listed nameservers for your domain at your domain
> registry. However, that would leave you with only one delegated
> nameserver, which is not a great idea anyway from a reliability point of
> view, and that nameserver is in the domain anonns.com, which has its own
> DNS problems (brilliance.anonns.com is also a listed nameserver for the
> anonns.com domain). I would suggest instead that you moved your DNS
> hosting elsewhere, perhaps even hosting it yourself if you have a
> suitable machine with a reliable 24/7 connection, and then using an
> external service for secondary DNS.

Well, he is hosting them himself.  It seems that at the time DNS servers
for top-level com domain have both NS records and matching A records
(hints) for anonns.com domian.  However, I can't see any NS records for
dwsmedia.info domain in DNS servers for top level info domain.  He
should contact his registrar about that.  Some registrars allow you to
setup/change those using web interface.  Could it be that OP forgot to
do that?