bind problem

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Thu Apr 7 14:03:35 UTC 2005

Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
> Paul Howarth wrote:
>
>> Since you say you are "trying to bind it to advanced.anonns.com", it
>> seems that you may be aware of this problem and are trying to work
>> around it. To do this you would need to remove "brilliance.anonns.com"
>> as one of the listed nameservers for your domain at your domain
>> registry. However, that would leave you with only one delegated
>> nameserver, which is not a great idea anyway from a reliability point
>> of view, and that nameserver is in the domain anonns.com, which has
>> its own DNS problems (brilliance.anonns.com is also a listed
>> nameserver for the anonns.com domain). I would suggest instead that
>> you moved your DNS hosting elsewhere, perhaps even hosting it yourself
>> if you have a suitable machine with a reliable 24/7 connection, and
>> then using an external service for secondary DNS.
>

> Well, he is hosting them himself.  It seems that at the time DNS servers
> for top-level com domain have both NS records and matching A records
> (hints) for anonns.com domian.  However, I can't see any NS records for
> dwsmedia.info domain in DNS servers for top level info domain.  He
> should contact his registrar about that.  Some registrars allow you to
> setup/change those using web interface.  Could it be that OP forgot to
> do that?

He's currently got just the one DNS server for the dwsmedia.info domain,
namely ADVANCED.ANONNS.COM. No glue record for this nameserver is needed
in the top-level info domain because it's in a different domain.

The DNS server at ADVANCED.ANONNS.COM [203.208.228.152] itself doesn't
seem to be responding at the moment, hence domain dwsmedia.info is
completely broken.

I can get "A" and "NS" records from brilliance.anonns.com
[203.208.228.153] but not "SOA" records (request times out). There's
something very flaky about those two DNS servers.

Paul.