Apache problems on FC3?

David Hoffman dhoffman2004 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 18:10:18 UTC 2005

On Apr 7, 2005 1:04 PM, Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org> wrote:
> Am Do, den 07.04.2005 schrieb jeffrey Lang um 19:59:
>
> > Verify that you have turned off SElinux,  check the file
> > /etc/selinux/config, make sure that SELINUX=disabled and not enforcing
> > or something else.   I had this same type of problem with apache and perl.
> >
> > jeff
>
> No good advise! Why do you say so? Don't switch off security settings
> just because you don't know how to deal with them correctly. There is
> documentation
>
> http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-apache-fc3/

I'll second that statement. Sure, there are times when you might have
a server in a well protected environment, and don't have any need for
SELinux, and it may be safe to suggest turning it off. But for the
majority of users and environments, you will want to keep it on.

Find out why the door is closed, and learn how to open it.
Don't knock a big hole through it so anyone can come in.

--

David
Registered Linux User 383030 (since everyone else was doing it 8-)