Apache problems on FC3?

Matthew Benjamin msbenjamin at fedex.com
Thu Apr 7 20:09:42 UTC 2005

On Apr 7, 2005 2:53 PM, Matthew Benjamin <msbenjamin at fedex.com> wrote:
> Is your script creating a NEW file in /var/myfolder, or is it
> appending to an existing file?
>
> What are the ownership and permissions on the /var/myfolder directory?
>
> Creating a new file.
> Ownership apache:apache
> Permissions was: 755 now: 777

Well, I would think that 777 should let ANY user create a file. I was
going to ask if perhaps something in the script was changing the UID/GID
of the effective user who was creating the file, but 777 would seem to
not make a difference then.

When you execute the perl file manually, what user are you using to do
it? I mean if you do "su - apache" (can you su to apache???) can you
still run the script? When you run the script manually as yourself, what
is the ownership of the files in /var/myfolder? If the script is doing
something to change to a different user or group, then you should be
able to tell.

Here's another thing... who is the owner of "program.pl" and what are
the permissions on that file, and the directory that owns it?

--

Humm good questions. When I execute the script from command line I
execute them as root (not sure how to login as apache). When the files

mB