Modem Problem

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Thu Apr 7 21:58:04 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 09:00 -0500, Smith, Herb wrote:
> No.  If you reread my question you will see that I replaced my winmodem
> with a hardware modem precisely for that reason.  Kudzu seemed to detect
> the new modem fine and configure it.  I still get the error number 8
> when I try to activate it, however.
>
> Is this discussed somewhere in the documentation?  Is there some
> reference that explains the meaning of the Error Number 8 ??
>
> Herb

1. Please do not top post.  Reading this goes from the middle to the
bottom to the top.  Very hard to follow.

2.  If you have a hardware modem it should work with the standard serial
drivers.  You did not say what you are using or how you are getting the
error, so we really cannot provide much help without more detail.