Video Card .

Don McElyea domcelyea at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 8 14:33:39 UTC 2005

I just had the same problem  Wound up crashing the OS.  I also was using an onboard intel card.
I found an old PCI card reinstalled and everything is working AOK now.

dseals at bpu.com wrote:

I am new to the Linux world - old MS Admin trying to discover another world.

I have an IBM NetVista with an Intel 845 video card - when I install Core 3, the system goes "haywire" after all CD's are in and it reboots - no video.

I corrected by redoing the xorg.conf file, but now can only get 640x480. Would appreciate any assistance on how to correct.

Even at my age - I don't need icons that large....

Thanks in advance

Don McElyea
Have a great day!!!!!!