Help Needed configuring Samba on Webserver

Steve Fink stevef at netvantix.com
Fri Apr 8 17:31:07 UTC 2005

Tim,

All of the procedures you outlined can be done in a script, pulling from
a file that contains the list of students.

I.E. For each $Student do (Steps 1-9)...

IMHO I would say you're probably doing your students a dis-service by
utilizing Samba to transfer their files to the web server.

In a real-world scenario they would not be uploading their work to a web
server in this manner.  No host worth their salt would allow Samba
anywhere near their web server.

Teach your students to utilize ftp and you'll add one more tool to their
arsenal.

Best,

Steve