Quanta+: There's gotta be a better way

Richard Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Fri Apr 8 18:54:55 UTC 2005

On Friday 08 April 2005 10:24, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> >I love Quanta+; it's great for editing almost every web application I've
> > got.
> >
> >But where it sucks is in editing files that live on a server accessible
> > ONLY by FTP.  Instead of having to add a bunch of files and folders to a
> > project, wouldn't it make much more sense to simply let you browse the
> > remote FTP sever with an interface much like Macromedia's HomeSite?
> >  Maybe I'm just spoiled.  But if there are hundreds of files associated
> > with the application, adding files and folders can take forever.
> >

> Unless I'm mistakign what you're saying, Quanta has been able to do that
> since at least FC2.

I haven't figured out how to do it, then.  At this point, I have to create a
project, which saves the webprj file on the remote server and creates the
toolbar and templates directories on the remote server.  If I could simply
browse to a file on a remote FTP server instead of having to create a project
like this, my life would be a lot easier.

--
Richard S. Crawford
http://www.mossroot.com