Finding C++ compiler

Aaron Gaudio prothonotar at tarnation.dyndns.org
Sat Apr 9 04:38:27 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-09 at 13:32 +0600, eran wrote:
> Hello Dear,
> 	I am a new comer to Linux world so I don't know much about programing
> tools in Linux. Can any one tell me what is compilation package of
> program(s) in Linux for compiling C++ source and how to use it.
> 					Thanks.
> 						Eran.

Eran,

Assuming you are using a Fedora distribution, you want to install the
package gcc-c++ (you can see if you already have it installed by
executing the command 'g++ --version' in a terminal).

If you want information on using g++, I suggest you check the gcc
manual, which can be found at http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/ or more
specifically
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.4.3/gcc/

For complex projects, you may also want to learn about 'make':
http://www.gnu.org/software/make/

--
Aaron Gaudio <prothonotar at tarnation.dyndns.org>