FC3 i18n question

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sat Apr 9 10:53:56 UTC 2005

Am Sa, den 09.04.2005 schrieb Thierry Sayegh um 11:42:

> I find the need to use accented letters on a regular basis, I don't mind
> using the ascii combinations to get my accented letters.
> I am using FC3 with en_GB.UTF-8 as my default i18n setting which suits
> me fine as far as i am a UK resident with a UK keyboard and I need to
> keep the keyboard layout as it is.
> Now the trick is I write in French and Italian regularly and long to get
>   my accents back.

> thierry

First, you need to disable a setting in /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Option      "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"

if that is set. You then have the ability to use the composition hooks.
Following page shows you the possible key combinations:

http://moba.linuxfaqs.de/meine_Zeichen.htm

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.10-1.771_FC2smp
Serendipity 12:50:58 up 10 days, 10:17, load average: 0.03, 0.12, 0.20