Gnome Update?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Sat Apr 9 12:05:32 UTC 2005

Mirco Scaramucci wrote:

>I think I must have asked this question several times but still haven't
>managed to find and answer to it.
>I would like to upgrade the new Gnome 2.10 without having to download
>every single package from gnome.org incurring into dependencies
>resolution and all that.
>I admit I tried twice but couldn't really work out the right sequence.
>Therefore I'd be glad if somebody could suggest an easier way to update
>gnome via YUM or APT  by including a stable repository to the apt or yum
>sources.
>
>Is that possible?
>
>Or is that too much to ask?

I would recommend that you upgrade to FC4 when its released (Currently
scheduled on June 6th)  http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/schedule/
 rather than update things piecemeal. However it is possible to use
garnome to built it from source for experimenting with the latest
version without affecting your current setup or rebuild the SRPMS from
the development tree to update your system