What is the official/semi-official positon of Fedora on KDE?

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Sat Apr 9 15:49:26 UTC 2005

Leaf wrote:
> On Saturday 09 April 2005 09:48, Claude Jones wrote:
>
>>Could you explain your last comment. I ran KDE 3.4 when I brought up a
>>new FC4t1 box. I couldn't find any remarkable differences between it and
>>my current implementation - I found a couple of annoyances, however. The
>>list of menu options had been cut way back, and even the Control Center
>>was not present as an option and had to be called up by a command. I'm
>>sure I missed things - from a read of the release notes, it seems like
>>many of the improvements had to with accessibility, and obviously for
>>those who need them, those features are extremely important. But, what
>>else has been improved?
>

> That is all odd, my Kmenu options fill the screen and the Control Center has
> been there from the moment I installed.  As an FYI I installed FC3 with none
> of the Gnome packages and all of the KDE (from the CDs).  Then I updated
> everything, including KDesktop to 3.4.  I haven't seen the issues you
> mention.

But you upgraded from the previous version. Mine was the default
installation under FC4t1. I changed nothing during setup regarding KDE,
except to choose it as my default desktop after FC4 was up and running.
The issues I describe are how it came up under a default install - now
granted, FC4t1 is what it is, and by final release, many things will
change, including the issues I describe. Since you upgraded from a
previous version, under FC3, your experience was different. But, my
question is, what are the big improvements in KDE over the current
version, apart from the accessibility improvements; the FC4 install
issues are obviously not a proper subject here.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA