mount fstab

THUFIR HAWAT hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 06:29:19 UTC 2005

On Apr 10, 2005 7:18 AM, thufir <no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org> wrote:
[..]

> on my gnome desktop panel is an icon of a hard drive:
> disk mounter preferences: /mnt/hda2
>
> clicking on it gives:
>
> Canno mount device
>
> Drivemount command failed.
> "umount /mnt/hda2 2>&1" reported:
> umount: only root can unmount /dev/hda2 from /mnt/hda2
>
> what needs to be changed to get the icon to mount the vfat partition?
>
> thanks,
>
> Thufir
>
> --
> This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org
> http://fcp.homelinux.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=58391&topic_id=8870&forum=10#forumpost58391
>
> --

sorry, correct fstab:
[thufir at localhost ~]$ cat /etc/fstab
# This file is edited by fstab-sync - see 'man fstab-sync' for details
LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
none                    /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0

/dev/hda2 /mnt/hda2 vfat uid=thufir,gid=thufir,rw 0 0

/dev/hdc                /media/cdrecorder       auto
pamconsole,fscontext=system_u:object_r:removable_t,ro,exec,noauto,managed
0 0
/dev/fd0                /media/floppy           auto
pamconsole,fscontext=system_u:object_r:removable_t,exec,noauto,managed
0 0
[thufir at localhost ~]$