postfix and squirrelmail with sasldb2

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sun Apr 10 12:55:05 UTC 2005

Am So, den 10.04.2005 schrieb Ankush Grover um 13:03:

>  I want to configure postfix.I have 2 catch all mailboxes with 2 different
> ISPs.I want to configure postfix in such a way that it should be able
> to handle mails for
> both the domains like nextegen.com and sunupdelhi.net.Now the problem is that
> both the accounts require authentication with the ISP's mail server.
>
> I have configure postfix with smtp_sasl_auth_enable and other
> configurations are also done for one account.But I am not too sure how
> to handle the second account.
>
> Suppose there is a user john having mail account on the local mail
> server.Whenever he
> sends the mails to the outside world the local mailserver should
> contact or authenticate to the ISP's mail server to send the mail
> doing so  prevents the mail accounts going into the spam list. Now the
> problem is that how to handle the 2 accounts as both requires
> authentication.

Postfix hasn't this capability. Either use Sendmail or Exim.

> I have few more queries I don't know the use of sasldb/sasldb2.I have
> installed cyrus-sasl on my Linux pc and using sasldb2 for the
> users.Even though some users are not part of that database but still
> they are able to send mails to the outside world and within the
> Lan.Can anybody tell me whether smtp_sasl_auth_enable should work
> without entring the users in the sasldb2 database. The entry for
> /usr/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf is   pw_check:auxprop and mech_list:plain
> login.

You certainly allow relaying based on LAN IP/mail addresses. You send by
Squirrelmail? Well, that is localhost then and of course allowed to
relay/send.

> Second if I want to restrict a machine(any server) from which any user
> cannot send any mail  whether within the Lan or outside Lan and also
> whether it is possible to restrict any particular user from sending
> the mail from any machine.
>
> I have configure squirrelmail for Imap.The code for squirremail in
> httpd.conf is like this
>
> Directory "/usr/share/squirrelmail">
>    Options Indexes MultiViews
>    AllowOverride None
>    Order allow,deny
>    Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> I can access the squirrelmail from Lan and from outside also.But I
> want is that if somebody type
> http://192.168.0.90/webmail for accessing squirrelmail ,the apache
> should itself redirect the http: to https means the url should become
> https://192.168.0.90/webmail

Possible with something like that:

<Location /webmail>
    RewriteEngine       on
    RewriteCond         %{SERVER_PORT} !=443
    RewriteCond       %{SERVER_ADDR} =192.168.0.90
    RewriteRule         ^.* - [F]
    ErrorDocument       403 https://192.168.0.90/webmail/
</Location>

See: http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_rewrite.html

> Ankush

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.10-1.771_FC2smp
Serendipity 14:47:32 up 11 days, 12:14, load average: 0.12, 0.16, 0.14