how do I view pdf in firefox x86-64?

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 15:53:51 UTC 2005

Whenever I try to get pdf files in firefox, the files downloads, the
tab shows the name of the file, no error message, but NOTHING
displays.

I'm using mozplugger-1.7.1-4.x86_64  which has:

application/pdf: pdf: PDF file
application/x-pdf: pdf: PDF file
text/pdf: pdf: PDF file
text/x-pdf: pdf: PDF file
        repeat swallow(documentShell) fill: acroread -geometry
+9000+9000 +useFrontEndProgram "$file"
        repeat noisy swallow(Xpdf) fill: xpdf -g +9000+9000 "$file"
        repeat noisy swallow(gv) fill: gv -safer -quiet -antialias
-geometry +9000+9000 "$file"

I have acroread 7, but it didn't work with acroread 5 either. Of
course acroread is x386. But I assume this must work for others.

sean