Mailman/Python issues with SELinux

David Hoffman dhoffman2004 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 15:39:11 UTC 2005

On Apr 11, 2005 10:21 AM, Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com> wrote:
> This says that mailman is trying to run a python script that is
> setuid/setgid and needs to override dac_protections.
>
> Did you change your mail environment.  These are definitely not rules
> you want to add to your mailman.  What
> ever it is trying to run, should either do a transition or not happen.
> Did you change your mailer?
> A new patch to the kernel is coming to show the COMM line in addition to
> the exe so that we could figure out
> which python script it is trying to execute.

I don't think I have changed anything in my mail environment. Pretty
much all of my mail server installation is done with out-of-the-box
RPM packages, although I have done a lot of changes to my
/etc/postfix/main.cf file in the smtpd_recipient section in order to
get it to validate HELOs and reverse lookups, RBLs, Greylisting, etc.,
but I don't think that should have any effect on what Mailman is
trying to do at 4:02 am.

I'll take a look at the cron files and see what I can find.

Thanks

--

David
Registered Linux User 383030 (since everyone else was doing it 8-)