intelligent iptables gui's

Vinicius cviniciusm at terra.com.br
Tue Apr 12 00:18:12 UTC 2005

Paul Howarth escreveu:
> On Mon, 2005-04-11 at 14:14 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>
>>And I just went after the latest BitTorrent 4.0.something and
>>installed that.  Digging thru the docs, the first thing I need to do
>>is start a 'tracker', but that fails with an error message that I
>>don't quite grok:
>>[root at gene /]# bttrack.py --port 6969 --dfile dstate
>>Traceback (innermost last):
>>  File "/usr/bin/bttrack.py", line 16, in ?
>>    from BitTorrent.track import track
>>ImportError: No module named BitTorrent.track
>>
>>Now what?  There isn't any such module in the
>>python-2.3/site-packages/BittTorrent subdir, and no such file exists
>>in the archive either.
>

> That's strange because I've got one:
>
> $ rpm -qf /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/BitTorrent/track.py
> BitTorrent-4.0.1-1.fc3
>
> RPM from http://www.city-fan.org/ftp/contrib/bittorrent/
>
> Paul.

Well, I think if you want to serve files then you need a tracker, so you
should to open the port 6969 on the iptables and on the modem.
Otherwise, if you want to share with others a file you're downloading by
BT from someone, then you should open the port's range 6881 to 6999 (or
less) on the iptables and on the modem.

IHTH again,
Vinicius.