Does Fedora core 3 run on Mac PowerPC G3?

Joel rees at ddcom.co.jp
Tue Apr 12 09:05:26 UTC 2005

And I forgot to mention what this had to do with Fedora Core ... X-(

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:26:33 +0900
Joel <rees at ddcom.co.jp> wrote

> On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 23:06:32 -0500
> "Sam Williams" <sam at mbz.org> wrote

Most of the G3s after the beige G3s will install and run Linux and *BSD
with little problem. Yellow Dog Linux, which tracks Fedora Core, has
been mentioned, and there are others, as well. I'd assume they'll run
FC4.

But the beige G3s -- At this point, beige G3s are fun to waste time on.
Even in the good cases with the beige G3s, you should expect to put in a
long weekend just laying the groundwork, then expect maybe several more
before you can be sure whether the particular machine you have can boot
Linux or not. If you have video problems along the way, expect to run
the box headless, if at all. So, unless you are into scsi and video
drivers, kernel hacking, and reverse-engineering, don't expect much with
the beige G3s.

On the bright side, the beige G3s run Mac OS 8 or 9 quite well, and you
can get terminal emulators for them, last I checked.

--
Joel Rees   <rees at ddcom.co.jp>
digitcom, inc.   株式会社デジコム