FC3 glibc 2.3.5 is bad

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Apr 12 15:44:11 UTC 2005

Kin H. Au wrote:
> I had segfault problem  FireFox/Mozilla when I view big SVG diagram or
> launch tarantella native client after I upgraded to glibc 2.3.5-0
>
> I downgraded back to previous glibc version  (glibc 2.3.4-2 including
> nptl-devel and nscd) using --force option and it is stable now.

Please don't use --force (or --nodeps) or advise anyone else to do so -
it can lead to screwed-up systems - as it's hardly ever necessary. The
--oldpackage option would be a better choice in this case.

Haven't noticed any glibc problems myself since updating but that's not
to say such problems aren't there.

Paul.