Problem with Netgear router

Birt, Jeffrey birtj at umr.edu
Tue Apr 12 20:58:26 UTC 2005

Your router may have some firewall features or NAT (network address
translation) built into it.  My Netgear router does.  If that's the case
you need to go into the routers configuration screen (via web browser
usually), and tell it which ports to allow through and what machine to
send them too.

Jeff Birt
Electronics Engineer
Integrated Systems Facility