Abit NF7 boot probs w/ recent kernels

Jeff Ratliff jefrat at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 13 02:04:44 UTC 2005

On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 09:14:37PM +1000, Matthew Rex wrote:
> I've been having trouble getting my Abit NF7 based PC to boot for the
> last few weeks.
>
> If I use the "nousb" kernel switch it boots everytime. Otherwise it's
> hit and miss. Anyone else had usb trouble? It happens in both FC2 and (a
> fresh) FC3

I've got an NF7-S and am having no problems. I believe the only difference
between the boards is I've got onboard SATA controller, but I've got that
disabled. I'm running the latest BIOS. The only USB peripheral I have is
a mouse, but I plugged in a Sandisk memory card reader the other day and
it worked OK.

Maybe if you posted what kind of error message you're getting that would
help someone diagnose the problem. You might also list what USB devices
you use. It's not clear that this is a motherboard problem.