GPDF issue

David Curry dsccable at comcast.net
Wed Apr 13 17:42:54 UTC 2005

Greetings, everyone.

I have a curious situation with the Gpdf application (gpdf-2.8.2-4.1) on
my FC2 system.  The work worked beautifully until just a few days ago.
Now, launching the app from the menu (PDF Viewer) opens a window but the
app hangs whenever one trys to open a pdf file.  The same behavior is
experienced however one attempts to one a file with the app.  The
behavior began immediately after using the app as preferred helper
application in Mozilla to open a hyperlinked .pdf file online.
Removing the app with rpm -e and reinstalling does not solve the problem.

Documentation for Gpdf indicates that it is basically a gui shell for
Xpdf, but I haven't been able to find much else about the app such as a
.conf file.  I can easily live without the app, but do find its
graphical interface preferable in some respects to Xpdf.  Would
appreciate possible pointers to a fix/remedy for Gpdf behavior.