Gnome GUI seems slugish, any ideas or optimizations?

Maxim Robert_Chapman at maximhq.com
Wed Apr 13 22:06:48 UTC 2005

CPU utilization is minimal.  Even when I launch applications, CPU seems
nominal. The thing
that strikes me odd, is, when I open Gnome-Terminal the hardisk chuggs away
for a couple of
seconds.  What is gnome terminal looking for or loading.  I would think that
the loading of gnome
terminal would be less than 500 ms or so.  But every time I launch it, chug,
chug, chug .....

Thanks

Robert