Gnome GUI seems slugish, any ideas or optimizations?

Maxim Robert_Chapman at maximhq.com
Wed Apr 13 22:21:21 UTC 2005

Nothing strange in .bashrc.  One thing I did notice is the difference from
where gnome-terminal is launched.  If I right click on the desktop and click
on "open terminal" it takes a wale of a time longer than if i launch it from
the "Run Application..." from the actions menu.  This must be someing that
gnome has a problem with.  Maybe default pathing?

Robert